- Easy upgrade of any basic COMBIMASS® flow meter to a high-performance measuring system
- May be combined with any transmitter of the COMBIMASS® series
- Allows for simultaneous measurement of flow rate and process temperature of gases
- Free selectable switch points for easy monitoring of flow rate or temperature limits
- Flow rate measurement of different gases or gas mixtures with one transmitter only
- Up to three independent calibration groups to be remotely or operator-selected
- Can be used as a correction module for biogas applications, if gas
The COMBIMASS® master electronic module can be combined with each field transmitter of the COMBIMASS® series for thermal gas flow measurement. This allows to upgrade of any basic COMBIMASS® flow meter to a high-performance measuring system for demanding and sophisticated applications. The COMBIMASS® master electronic module features two analog outputs, which can be assigned individually. This allows to provision of signals indicating the flow rate and the operating temperature of the gas at the same time. Additionally COMBIMASS® master allows to monitoring of flow rate or temperature limits via three programable relay outputs. The switch points can be set individually in the field to alarm at high, low, or windowed flow rates or process temperatures or to control external components, such as shut-off devices, valves, pumps, etc.
One relay input and one analog input for processing of external control signals are available on the COMBIMASS® master module in order to run sophisticated applications. The relay input can be used for remote selection of up to three independent calibration groups. This enables flow rate measurement of different gases or gas mixtures with one flow sensor installed only.
The analog input of the COMBIMASS® master allows external signals to be monitored in order to use this information for processing and correction of the flow signal. This functionality may be applied for flow rate measurement of gas mixtures with varying compositions. In such case information on the gas composition will be provided by a gas analyzer in order to compensate for deviations in the flow signal and thus allows for accurate flow rate measurement even in such demanding applications
As an option, each COMBIMASS® master module can be upgraded with two independent data loggers to a high-performance flow analysis computer. This allows non-volatile recording of measured flow rates over free selectable time periods (eg. data logger 1 for a period of 4 years, data logger 2 for a period of 6 weeks). Stored data can be analyzed over certain time windows, which may be chosen individually. In this way, the totalized flow or maximum, minimum, and average flow rate for each individual day, week, month, or any other time period may be easily determined and indicated on the display. For further data archiving and evaluation, all stored data may be transferred to any other computer via an integrated digital port.
- Flow rate measurement and balancing of gases for cost allocation
- Control of external components such as shut-off devices, valves, and pumps depending on user-selected flow rate or temperature limits
- Flow rate measurement of different gases or gas mixtures with one flow transmitter only (eg. alternative measurement of biogas and natural gas consumption upstream of a gas engine)
- Highly sophisticated applications, such as flow rate measurement of mixed gases with varying compositions (combustion gases, flare gases, synthesis gases, ...)